Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fixing N95 8GB keypad and save yourself money!

Problem: My N95 8GB keypad stopped working and just broke into pieces, cost for some one to fix it, £30-£40.

I'm a cheap bloke, so I decided to fix it, this is how I did it!

Firstly, I looked for a new case this is called "housing", so ebay time.


Ebay search for N95 8GB


It took about 3 weeks for the delivery and it was about £3.50 and from Hong Kong! (How do they make money?) I bought a White one to make it look sexy.

It should come with the Torx 4/5/6 tools, for you to dismantle your phone, i.e. the for the screws that look like stars.

This is probably the best video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc33lBQzVy8

I just did it myself, I then found I needed to get a new membrane for £8

Ebay search for N95 8GB Membrane

I then replaced it, so for under £15 I managed to fix my keypad, get a new case and learn how my phone goes together.

This post is shorter but it took me a while to find what I needed and get replacements and keep my phone working till I get my HTC Desire!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment